Friday, May 30, 2008

I am in such good company

Hi everyone.

First of all I want to welcome all of the S4I guest bloggers Peggy, Beth, Shirley and Kris. You guys are awesome. I'm in good company that's for sure.

I might soon regret asking such fantastic blogger to join me as I'm going to look like such a rookie compared to them. Well I guess I am a rookie so I should look like one then

Beth.... oh Beth.... for someone who has never blogged you certainly have a nack for it. I'm in awe of your writing and humor. Oh and I do hear the word 'no'.... it sounds like this

"I would love to"

You just need to live in my world to understand my perception of the english language. lol

OK so I'm officially the Friday blogger just so you all know.

At this point I'm not sure what I want to share other than the fact that hopefully soon we will have another guest blogger sharing about living with a child with a disability and the value of inclusion. Be patient, it's coming soon to a blog near you.

We are getting closer on some dates for locations. I hope to have some new ones to announce really soon. Off the top of my head I can remember that Las Vegas is getting closer to a firm date as well as Des Moines Iowa. I'm sure there are others.

We have 2 new registrations for event locations. One of which is Beth and the other information is at home and I can't remember where she's from but she's another IRW instructor so YAY for our wonderful partnership with IRW.

I'm going to be spending lots of time over the next few months diving head first into the 'social networking' world. I'm pretty good with most technology and I pride myself on being up to date with new trends etc but this world of social networking is somewhat scary. I just never jumped in at the beginning and now I see great value in it for building up our network and spreading the word. The first place I'll be spending some time building is at Care2. It's a social network of do-gooders. Over 8 million registered participants all of whom are there to make a difference in our world. I should be able to find myself a few people over there who would be interested in helping us spread the word.

The next two places are crafting social networks. One is http://www.mycraftivity.com/ and the other is one that has been recommended to me from a few of the IRW instructors and from Beth herself. I haven't even opened an account there yet but it's called http://www.cr8everydaycrafts.com/ and it looks like a great group of craters there as well.

The final social networking leap will be to Facebook. YIKES. I started a group there but that place is just so overwhelming I backed off. Once I master the other three places I'll take another crack at FaceBook.

Blogging and Social Networking are the places to be these days. They are the wave of the future and I need to get on that wave and ride it for a while. Part of my job as the creator of this program is to get it out there and let the world know about us. Build up a team of organizers and spread the word about our program so that when a local event is taking place people will know about it and really want to participate and get involved. This kind of building apparently takes ALOT of time. Who knew that I couldn't build Rome in a year or two. Oh well, as Beth so wonderfuly put it...... one small step.

Well gang I am really looking forward to how this blog is going to build and be very interactive and I'm anxious to start getting the rest of the world involved with commenting on it. Please if you are reading this blog let us know what you think. Have you got any suggestions? Please share them.

Today is a 'reminder' day for me. If you read my initial story FOUND HERE you will know that shortly after I heard "that voice in my head" there came a day where I asked God for a sign to let me know what I was to be doing with my life and 1.5 hours later I was laid off from the job I truly hated (I don't hate many things). Well that was 2 years ago today and I can't believe I'm here doing what I'm doing. Some days I think.... wow it's been 2 years already and I can't believe I'm still doing this ..... and then other days I think...... I've only just begun. Isn't it weird how things happen in life. I guess this is what I am meant to be doing or it would have run it's course by now. OK enough living in the past.

Tonight by the way is my Friday scrapping night at my neighbours. I love Friday nights. It's time to chat and catch up with my friends and time to hopefully get a layout or two done. Some nights are more productive then others but on average I get about 4 2pg layouts done each Friday. Oh and it's 'take out' night so I dont' cook either. Woooo Hooo for Fridays!

Sometimes, if there's lots to say I just might blog on Sunday's too but not all the time.

Well by for now everyone and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online