Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Livin' life in a new way!

Hi, I’m Shirley Pando…Wednesday’s blogger here on the S4I blog. I want to introduce myself a bit before I start chatting up a storm!! :D

  • I am a wife of 20+ years to my husband, Howard; mom to three teen boys(!); and “mom” to an aging black lab. We live in beautiful Longwood (Orlando), Florida just minutes from Mickey Mouse and Disney World!
  • I have my own at-home scrapbooking business as an Independent Scrapbook Instructor with I Remember When. I host monthly crops, vend at events, and have a website called Scrapbook and Paper where I sell products, kits and premade items.
  • I have been a product demonstrator for Xyron, Inc. and have created projects for the Xyron website and product packaging.
  • I have traveled the U.S. working the consumer scrapbook shows with Advantus, Corp. and Scrap-Mart.com.
  • I am a Creative Arts Instructor with My Creative Classroom.

OK, on with the chatting…

So, guess how much it cost me to fill up my (gas guzzling) SUV last week??? NO, not $50, not $75, but $96!!!! Can you believe it? And that was for regular unleaded! As soon as my long and lanky teens move out, I'm getting me a hybrid!!

I also was recently on a plane flight for a business trip. I had to pay an extra $25 (each way!) for my second piece of luggage, which houses my very important makeup, beauty items, and shoes. Can't live without that, right?? But do I really need to pay the airline to let me bring my luggage with me???

I cannot believe how fast the price of things has sky-rocketed! Pretty soon we’ll all just stay home and get to know our neighbors…hmm, interesting thought, huh?

So what does all this have to do with scrapbooking? Well, a lot, I think. With all of these rising costs, we’ve got to do something to save money in other areas. But where?? Well here’s a suggestion…how about taking online crafting classes! Save that precious gas in your car and stay in those P.J.’s! There’s no need to go anywhere to learn new techniques or make a great project…learn in the comfort of your own home.

Say hello to My Creative Classroom! MCC is a virtual learning center, where the pursuit of creativity takes many forms. Our courses are highly interactive and facilitated by talented teachers ready to assist you on your creative journey. My Creative Classroom focuses on Art and Craft classes; from altered art to scrapbooking to card making to stamping to candle making to art journals to sewing and everything in between. It is our mission to provide our students with an outstanding learning experience.

I am so proud to be a Creative Arts Instructor at My Creative Classroom. The classes I teach focus on altered arts, scrapbooking, paper arts...and a little mixed media thrown in for fun! We have a fantastic teaching staff full of people who are as passionate about crafting as you are! And because of the fact that we have students and Instructors from all over the world, I get to share my passion for crafting with people I would otherwise never get to meet.

Check out just two of the classes I am teaching now at My Creative Classroom:

"Our Family" 12 x 6 Handmade Album class begins June 10th. CLICK HERE for more info and to sign up.

Enjoy the Journey/Travel Workshop begins June 16th and a second session starts July 17th. You can choose which one works best for you. CLICK HERE for more info and to sign up.


"See" ya next week! :D

1 comment:

texaskris said...

Welcome Shirley! You have lots of pretty things!
Gas, yikes. My 7 yo asked if it was going to be a million $ when he started driving and I said, we may be out by then, and he said, GOOD! Gas is bad for the Earth! maybe, but it is needed for my life!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online