Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am in love with patterned papers!

I don't know about you, but I love patterned paper. And recently, the color black has to show up in everything I do. Don't ask me why...there is no logical answer.

This past Saturday I had my monthly crop in my home and actually got to scrapbook some photos...I made two double page layouts and one single! I am so excited bacause it seems the more your "job" is in the scrapbooking field, the less you actually scrapbook for yourself! KWIM??

OK, on to the patterned paper. I absolutely love Scenic Route! This paper in the photo below is Cape Town Signal Hill Floral from the Cape Town Collection. It totally caught my eye and I had to make one of my layouts with it. Thing is, there's only one sheet to a pack and it is so busy...what to do???

Well, I decided to hand cut portions of the flowers and use that as a sort of border. That way I got to use the paper that I love, but it didn't "rule" the show. I really like how it turned out. The photos are of my neice's high school graduation last year. Her colors were red and white, and totally worked with the Cape Town paper.

Hey, do you see that cool black mesh-looking stuff peeking out from behind the main photo? It's called Punchinella...it is fun plastic ribbon that is left over after sequins are punched out, often called "sequin waste." Use it on altered book pages, or as a stencil for creating backgrounds or for ribbons on potted plants. It is a bit over 3" wide and comes on 50-yard spools. You can get it at SkyBluePink...they have some of the coolest things!!

Have a great week! :D

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online