Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday Share

Well first I wanted to share about the fundraiser I went to last weekend. my CTMH basket auctioned for over $100.00 so that was pretty cool. Especially since the "auctioneer" was new to doing this and he obviously knew nothing about scrapping or scrappy supplies LOL But, on a serious note, love the way our community comes together when there is someone in need. Shouts of "it's all for Nick" could be heard as bids went higher than the value of the items in some cases.



Last night all my kids had things going on. One of Joshua's friends invited both the twins over for a sleepover and Amanda had a girlfriend over to watch the debut of "Camp Rock". (In case you don't have teenage girls this is a musical movie starring some teen heart throbs called the Jonas Brothers). So mom had a friend over also and spent the night (and a good bit of the morning) in my scrap studio. I visited more than worked but did finish one layout I was very pleased with. I LOVE sketches and how they often take on a mind of their own when being used on my pages. I am sharing the sketch (which was a challenge on one of my online sites) and my take on it.
I followed the sketch pretty closely but originally the picture in my head was a layout about prayer. As I added the strip of photos on the bottom I was visiting with my friend about how this photo shoot was the first time the major size difference between the twins really hit me. It also hit me looking at the photo of the two of them how Joshua acted very much like a "Big Brother" to Jeremy even then. Thus the title "Big Brother" and the journaling.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online